Summary: Without purpose there can be no employee engagement. A person with a meaningless life brings their belief to work. If their life is meaningless, then their work will be too. Apart from an ethical bribe (paycheck) and contractual duty, good luck engaging them any further.
Many people erroneously draw meaning from their work. Their misplaced identity breeds defensiveness, turf wars, burnout, and worse. Long term, it isn’t good for the person or the organization.
People are searching for meaning and belonging. Organizations that embrace these innate human needs have fewer challenges with employee engagement, participation, and performance. When one’s work is an expression of purpose and they’re a contributing member of a team, more natural leadership and involvement emerges to the benefit of all.
ONPURPOSE.me provides personal purpose and meaning in an “Ingeniously Fast. Forever Meaningful.” easy to consume, life-transforming experience. Once a person knows their 2-word purpose, engagement is a real possibility. ONPURPOSE.me is the cornerstone of any employee engagement training.
Thanks to Gallup Consulting, the issue of employee engagement has been broadly quantified and, therefore, moved into more boardroom and C-suite conversations. The desire for employee engagement and the disparate state of engagement, however, have not broadly improved. While knowledge is power, know-how sure helps.
As an On-Purpose Presenter, you are equipped with the ONPURPOSE.me tool and related know-how to power-up employee engagement.
Become an On-Purpose Presenter
by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below
and completing the initial inquiry form.
Target Audience Training Application: Below is the intellectual context for applying and integrating ONPURPOSE.me into your Employee Engagement efforts. ONPURPOSE.me provides a “bloom where you’re planted” approach that’s designed to deepen participants’ understanding of themselves, and through your program may help them realize how expression of their purpose in their work and workplace contributes to the common good.
- Offer ONPURPOSE.me at new employee orientation.
- Operations/IT team members can readily get buried in their work and miss how their work contributes to the overall success of customers and the company. Purpose deepens their connection to their work and then raises their appreciation for the quality of their deliverables.
- Sales team members succeed better when they believe in their product and their company’s contribution and value proposition for customers. Purpose makes this connection so resilience and persistence are the byproduct.
- Deepen career development coaching where a person feels lost but likes where they work.
The On-Purpose Principle is “The purpose of the person aligned with the purpose of the organization.” When this alignment is high, employee engagement exists. When alignment is low, it’s just a job or a paycheck.
- Employee Engagement: How’s Your Three E’s? Peter Drucker, the famous management guru, spoke of doing business with effectiveness and efficiency. Let’s add another “E” to the equation: engagement, as in “employee” engagement.
- Is Your Work Working? This 2-minute video featuring Kevin W. McCarthy provides insight on the Purpose of the Person (Pp) side of The On-Purpose Principle.
- Just Because We Can, Should We? Business is an inside out reality, yet managers tend to work from the outside in.
- Use the video at the top of this webpage as a part of your team engagement promotional effort
- The On-Purpose Business Person: Doing More of What You Do Best More Profitably. The On-Purpose Principle is introduced in this best-selling book by Kevin W. McCarthy.
- Chief Leadership Officer: Increasing Wealth so Everyone Profits. Chapter 7 is entitled “Team Engagement.” This book provides provocative insights into why employee engagement is so miserably low.
- The On-Purpose Performer is a full-day training program for groups of twenty-five based on The On-Purpose Business Person. This is only available through licensed On-Purpose Professionals. If you’re interested in becoming licensed, please contact us.
- Being On-Purpose is a training program for groups from 10 to 200 people that’s based on The On-Purpose Person. This is only available through licensed On-Purpose Professionals. If you’re interested in becoming licensed, please contact us.
- Conference or Convention Speaker: On-Purpose Professionals, including Kevin W. McCarthy, are available.
Customization: Need further help customizing and integrating ONPURPOSE.me and your training objectives and outcomes? Join a live On-Purpose Presenter–only video conference call to ask questions or invest in a one-hour consultation. We’ll help you better connect the dots of the ONPURPOSE.me module to your program and learner outcomes.