Summary: As time unrelentingly marches forward, life happens. The power of knowing one’s 2-word purpose is the possession of a place of permanence in your life. Purpose is unchanging, therefore in the blur and swirl of life transitions there is purpose–that which is unchanging. This perspective mitigates the stress and strains by connecting the heart and head with what matters most.
In On-Purpose terms a “life transition” is humorous referred to as a “Tough Shift.” By labeling a challenge as just a “tough shift,” it injects distance and perspective–both are helpful for moving more rapidly through the transition while still learning the necessary lessons.
Target Audience Training Application: There are three phase of Life Transitions: Before-During-After. Regardless of where your Tough Shifters are, knowing their 2-word purpose sustains and fortifies them along their journey of becoming an on-purpose person in creation.
- Orientation (college, job)
- Career / job change
- Business start-up
- Merger of business
- Death of a loved one
- Illness or disablement
- Emergency / Crisis
- Empty nest / Returning
Become an On-Purpose Presenter
by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below
and completing the initial inquiry form.
- The On-Purpose Person, Making Your Life Make Sense is essentially an operating system for life to go from unfulfilled to fulfilled. It is a book of transformation and positive transition from what is to what can be. The best part of the On-Purpose Process is the method and tools learned are a skill that can be applied toward any transition. It is truly a life skill.
- The Discovery Guide is a companion workbook to The On-Purpose Person with the many forms and more detailed instructions for self-study. There’s a preview and a paid version.
- Why Does Change Management Fail? Here’s Kevin W. McCarthy’s candid commentary on why “Change Management” needs to be replaced with “Growth Management.”
- Are You Prepared to Lose to Gain? Could it be that loss and—more importantly—learning how to deal with loss are simply as organic to life as the vegetable section at your local grocery store?
- Are You Prepared to Truly Prosper? A prosperous person is more capable and inclined toward growth and the inevitably of change. They’re less like to hoard positional power, create turf wars, and withhold vital information. Instead of exhibiting passive aggressive behavior to deter the change management effort and team, they’re more likely to be on board with growth.
- Is Your Career in the Midst of a Tough Shift?
- Is Your Career in the Midst of a Tough Shift – Part 2?
- Is Your Career in the Midst of a Tough Shift – Part 3?
- Are You Stuck? Here are the six steps to un-stick a stuck life.
- Keynote Address:
- Tough Shift™ is both a program and an expression delivered by Kevin W. McCarthy. As the name (say it slowly) implies there’s humorous, yet realistic approach to addressing change. Tough Shift programs are available for both individuals and organizations facing or in the midst of change.
Customization: Need further help customizing and integrating ONPURPOSE.me and your training objectives and outcomes? Join a live On-Purpose Presenter–only video conference call to ask questions or invest in a one-hour consultation. We’ll help you better connect the dots of the ONPURPOSE.me module to your program and learner outcomes.