It’s simple. We advise leaders to be on-purpose in personal, professional, and organizational matters. In turn, we equip and train our clients in how to use the On-Purpose® Approach to do the same within their circles of influence.
The On-Purpose Principle™ is The Purpose of the Person (Pp) aligned with the Purpose of the Organization (Po). The graphic to the right depicts the distinct identities and their interrelationship. In the swirl of life and work, things blur and blend. Chaos and confusion can overwhelm.
On-Purpose Partners is in the business of client clarity of purpose and then building and expanding towards vision, i.e. being on-purpose. Our independence and the On-Purpose® Approach provide a provocative and powerful framework to sift the wheat from the chaff and how to cultivate what’s most important.
We’ll help you order, clarify, build, and expand in three areas:
- Personally (Pp) – grow and mature more fully into who you are. Become better at leading your life.
- Organizationally (Po) – improve the performance of your organization.
- Alignment (<->) – create the systems and strategies that structurally and culturally align and integrate to create top performance.
Our Clients Are Accomplished Decision Makers with a Profit & Loss Responsibility
With a 30-year historic tap root as a business advisory firm, we are business advisors and consultants to the CEO, President, General Manager, Director, Principal, or Manager. The goal is business performance improvement. We’re developing the business to become a leader within its appropriate scale and scope.
Clients emerge from many walks of life. They possess an awakened desire, a mindful attitude, and the will to lead life better. Typically, our clients are in their working years with work experience. They’ve come to an epiphany of purpose where they’ll say things like:
- “Something has to change.”
- “I’m not sure what to do next.”
- “I have a good life but I want to make it better.”
- “I feel like I need to start all over.”
- “I want to do better for my children.”
- “I can’t keep doing what I’m doing.”
Many of our individual clients are Solo Owners—people who have taken a higher responsibility and assumed more risk than the steady paycheck to start a business. These aspiring and perspiring entrepreneurs wear many different titles, too.
In the mid-1980s Kevin W. McCarthy, our Founder, asked, How do I integrate my life and work to create a meaningful and profitable result for both?
Seeking answers to this simple question, Kevin started in obscurity and adversity to popular trends in organizational development, business, strategy, and leadership. Today, many of Kevin’s views, content, and insights are coming to fruition. Even as many people are now exploring purpose and its power to transform lives and organizations, Kevin knows that the true power isn’t in simply articulating one’s purpose—it is in living it. Being on your purpose or simply being on-purpose.
At the beginning of the lifelong quest, Kevin intuitively set “guidelines” to direct himself. The answer he sought had to be …
- Highly practical and produce profitable and beneficial results where all could prosper.
- Simple, but not simplistic, so it was readily accessible to the average person and the cognoscente.
- A unique contribution for making the planet better for everyone.
- Easy to apply and a readily duplicated skill by anyone willing to work the process.
- An element of fun, discovery, adventure and exploration to the process.
- True in the human spirit and advance our innate desire to contribute and make a difference.
- A “servant approach” (meaning the methodology wouldn’t be parasitic or create co-dependency) so that when done well the person or organization would be uplifted and the methods would fade into the background as infrastructure.
- Affordable entry-level access.
- Integration of personal and organizational development with excellence.
- Ready to tap into and support intrinsic motivation so people could be more fulfilled.
- Consistent with his Christian faith.
In the spring of 1990, Kevin first branded On-Purpose and presented it in a strategic planning workshop for real estate brokers. The feedback was so positive that Kevin felt the call to document his methodology to make it more readily available. In 1992 and 1998, NavPress Publishing Group published The On-Purpose Person and The On-Purpose Business (Person), respectively. In 2009, Kevin acquired his publishing rights and has since updated both books.
Over the decades, Kevin has been a prolific developer of content and a passionate campaigner of the message and methods. On-Purpose has become a comprehensive, integrated system supported with books, trainings, coaching programs, and, of course, true to our roots, business advisory services.
On-Purpose is, however, perhaps best understood as a leadership development system. It helps individuals to become better leaders of their lives. And it helps those who lead organizations to become better leaders of their organizations.
Today, On-Purpose Partners selectively trains others in The On-Purpose Approach. To learn more about how you can gain greater mastery, please contact us with your interest using the form below.
On-Purpose starts with a simple premise that Kevin calls The On-Purpose Principle™. Learn more…