Summary: Integrating the ONPURPOSE.me module into your career development programming helps you accurately and rapidly cut through a job seeker’s current clutter to deliver a more open deeper and authentic conversation. Power up your program so your client gets real, faster and sooner. Equip them to make their next and more fulfilling career decision on-purpose.
As a career placement trainer or professional, you’re often the one person best suited to help your career development team members or clients “see the forest for the trees.” Your guidance through training or coaching helps them develop the strategy, plan, and creativity necessary for a great future fit can be invaluable. A 2-word purpose provides them with an unassailable inner understanding of who they are and what’s best for them.
Meaningful work is a powerful new standard contributing to career and personal well-being. Purpose taps into one’s deepest source of intrinsic motivation and allows us to connect why we exist with our work. Does our current work provide a high and noble expression of our purpose? We bring meaning to the work — not the other way around.
Many of your team members or clients are in the midst of great panic and are pressured to get a job to produce an income. Some have a runway to more thoughtfully prepare, plan, and relaunch their career. Either way the consistent questions they face are ultimately, “Who am I?” and “How can I find work that matters or makes a difference?” Purpose informs these deep questions. ONPURPOSE.me allows them to more confidently move toward the actions and decisions necessary to create the future they desire.
Work can be measured along a spectrum of meaningless to meaningful. At the low end is work as a meaningless task imposed upon us by an uncaring authority who lords over us. In between is a paycheck, a chore, a job, a career, and at the high end is a calling. Every person is positioned somewhere along this path in body, mind, and spirit plus finances.
Work is meaning-neutral yet a vital gift and essential outlet for our well-being and esteem as a place for expression of purpose. We bring meaning to the work! It’s because of purpose why some jobs naturally appeal to you and others don’t. That’s your “meaning meter” at work. We all have one — the challenge is most people don’t know what their purpose is so they aren’t able to readily access it when they need it the most. ONPURPOSE.me “installs” the meaning meter for career development and more.
ONPURPOSE.me equips you to do a good job with your clients so they can do a good job at their workplace so they can do a good job of their life. Every career decision made ultimately rests on the strength of knowing one’s purpose. Get to work helping them be on-purpose!
Become an On-Purpose Presenter
by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below
and completing the initial inquiry form.
Target Audience Training Application: Career development is a long-term arc where every point on the trajectory meaningfully links to purpose. From the first job to mid-career to retirement and beyond, purpose informs the present and prepares for the future.
- Job seekers
- Vocational assessment centers
- College students
- New hires/Orientation
- Near retirement and retired
- Business owners who have sold businesses
- Homemakers reentering the job market
- Disabled workers facing new career choices
- Career changers
Resources: Career development crosses into all areas of life, yet there is a defined need: “I want to find a job.” The beauty of ONPURPOSE.me is its ability to cut through the current clutter and rapidly open deeper, more authentic conversations.
- Blog: Two Views of Human Nature and Work. There is the “objective” and the “subjective” view of people. Per Bill O’Brien, the subjective view is the future and wholeness of people is the standard.
- The On-Purpose Person: Making Your Life Make Sense is an operating system for life to go from unfulfilled to fulfilled. The system within the book can be applied broadly across one’s life or specifically to one’s vocation or work.
- The Discovery Guide is a companion workbook to The On-Purpose Person with the many forms and more detailed instructions for self-study.
- Chief Leadership Officer: Increasing Wealth So Everyone Profits provides you as a trainer with a highly optimistic view of the long arc of work and where we as a society are headed regarding work and organizational leadership. (See chapters 3 and 4 specifically.)
- How Do You Get the Job of Your Life?
- Is Your Career in the Midst of a Tough Shift?
- Is Your Career in the Midst of a Tough Shift – Part 2?
- Is Your Career in the Midst of a Tough Shift – Part 3?
- Confused about Finding Your Life Purpose?
- Use the video at the top of this page to promote your career development program that includes ONPURPOSE.me.
- Keynote Address: Kevin W. McCarthy provides a specialty keynote address titled “The Job of Your Life.” This speech starts with the premise that your first job is your life. And your second job is your occupation, ideally a high and noble expression of your first assignment. For our work to be gainful and meaningful, we must be thoughtful and active. This keynote can be modified for delivery to either career placement professionals or for those seeking career development services.
Customization: Need further help customizing and integrating ONPURPOSE.me and your training objectives and outcomes? Join a live On-Purpose Presenter–only video conference call to ask questions or invest in a one-hour consultation. We’ll help you better connect the dots of the ONPURPOSE.me module to your program and learner outcomes.